What to do first
Early Help Offer
Children at risk of abuse or neglect
If there are safeguarding concerns:
- follow your organisation's safeguarding procedure;
- make a safeguarding referral.
- Children and families information leaflet for parents
- Early help posters for practitioners (1)
- Toolkit for practitioners
If a child or family needs more support than you can offer, the Family Information Service can advise on what is available. You may feel you need a plan for a family but do not need other services to support you. An assessment is not required if the issue can be easily resolved by one agency. Complete the Pre Early Help action plan if you do not need to arrange an assessment. Some families just need extra support during school holidays. If the needs of the child aren’t clear, you should consider an Early Help Single Assessment.