Strategies and policies
The Learning Disability Statement of Intent (Strategy) 2015 - 2020 was approved at Cabinet on Thursday 16 July 2015. The Delivery Plan will be monitored by the Learning Disability Partnership Board.
- LDPB July Update - Delivery Plan It's My Life 2015-2020 (PDF, 590.89 KB)
- Learning Disability - Statement of Intent 2015-2020 (PDF, 1.47 MB)
What's the new Learning Disability Plan about?
We want to improve the lives of people with a learning disability. We will do this by supporting people to be more independent, have healthier lives and have more choice and control. People told us they wanted a plan that would have a positive impact on their way of life, one that was realistic, could be easily understood and be measured. We all have different aspects to our life that contribute to having a happy and fulfilled life. We have tried to write our plan to reflect this. There are five key areas in the plan:
- My Home Life - People with learning disabilities have a home of their own. A safe and secure place where their needs can be met by skilled support staff when needed. People with learning disabilities want to have more independence.
- My Work Life - People with a learning disability want job opportunities, and to be able to make a valued contribution to the local work force either through paid employment, voluntary work or work experience. People with a learning disability want to engage in meaningful day time activities.
- My Family Life - We want to support carers and make sure they have fulfilled lives.
- My Lifestyle - We want people with a learning disability to be well and healthy. We want people with a learning disability to have equal access to health care and health promotion services and to receive reasonable adjustments to achieve this.
- My Social Life - People with a learning disability have told us that they want to make friends and have relationships.