Meet the Team
Dr John Linnane: Director of Public Health
As Public Health moves back into local government after almost 40 years away, Warwickshire County Council has an unprecedented opportunity to take a far more strategic role in the health of the population.
My responsibilities and role include:
- Advising elected members and senior officers on a range of issues (from outbreaks of diseases through to improving local people’s health and concerns around access to health services)
- Providing the public with expert, objective advice on health matters
- Promoting action across the life course, working together with local authority and National Health Service (NHS) colleagues
- Working through local resilience fora to ensure effective and tested plans are in place for the wider health sector to protect the local population from risks to public health
- Working with local criminal justice partners and police and crime commissioners to promote safer communities
- Working with wider civil society to engage local partners in fostering improved health and wellbeing
As well as my core responsibilities outlined above, I am also a member of the Warwickshire’s Health and Wellbeing Board, the principal adviser on health to members and officers across the councils – both County and District and Boroughs, and I advise the Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) on health and wellbeing and health inequalities issues.
I take a keen interest in education and training and am currently an educational supervisor, membership examiner, external interview assessor and regional adviser for the Faculty of Public Health.
Helen King: Deputy Director of Public Health
As Deputy Director of Public Health here at Warwickshire County Council my role and responsibilities are quite varied. I lead on Children’s Public Health and the strategic transformation of our health improvement programmes including the children’s 0-25 health programme. I am lead officer for the Council’s recently established Smart Start Programme to improve School Readiness for children at the end of Reception year. Smart Start brings together a wide range of stakeholders working together to improve outcomes for children 0-5.
I support the Director of Public Health to provide advice and support across the council, in particular I provide public health leadership on:
- Warwickshire Joint Children’s Commissioning Board (member)
- Youth Justice Service (chair)
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Violence Against Women and Girls Board (chair)
- Warwickshire Children’s Safeguarding Board (member)
- Priority Families Management Board (member)
- Family Nurse Partnership Advisory Committee (chair)
- Coventry, Solihull and Warwickshire (CSW) Sport Executive Board (member)
- End of Life Care
As a member of the public health team I provide management support to public health consultants, commissioning managers and our business support manager. I am also an educational supervisor to trainees in the department.
Dr Nadia Inglis: Public Health Consultant (Health Protection)
I have responsibilities in Warwickshire and Coventry, related to protecting the health of the population from environmental hazards and communicable diseases. Specific areas that I am responsible for include:
- Public Health emergency planning
- Communicable Disease Control and Outbreak management (in close collaboration with Public Health England, as the lead agency, and the NHS)
- Commissioning of Sexual Health Services, Community Tuberculosis (TB) service and services to reduce Fuel Poverty
- Screening and immunisation programme uptake and assurance regarding quality (in close collaboration with Public Health England, as the lead agency, and the NHS)
- Environmental Health Protection
Rachel Robinson: Public Health Consultant (Population and Place)
I have responsibilities for population and place based health and wellbeing across Warwickshire.
Specific areas that I am responsible for include:
- The production of the Director of Public Health Annual Report
- Delivering easy to access information about public health related services in one place
- Liaising and working with partners to deliver improvements in health and wellbeing outcomes to populations defined by common need(s), e.g. by condition/theme (e.g. heart disease, housing), common characteristics (e.g. frail) or a specific setting (e.g. workplace,town).
- Ensuring health is a consideration in the wider determinants of health e.g. planning, transport, housing
- Leading the effective and timely communication and dissemination of public health messages, intelligence and services
- Ensuring a robust evidence base is available to inform the commissioning process for public health services
I am the public health lead for advice and support across Northern Warwickshire. This includes working closely with Warwickshire North Clinical Commissioning Group, Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council and North Warwickshire Borough Council to improve health and wellbeing outcomes. I am Co-opted member of Warwickshire North CCG Governing Body and attend their Executive Group. I am also Health Champion for Nuneaton and Bedworth and North Warwickshire Borough Council Partnerships.
Dr Gordana Djuric: Public Health Consultant (Vulnerable Groups)
I am Consultant lead for Vulnerable Groups, responsible for representing Public Health in collaborative working and fora including Multi-agency Public Protection Arrangements Board, Adult Safeguarding Board, Alcohol Forum and other.I am also responsible for Drugs and Alcohol treatment services budget, providing Public Health input into evidence based commissioning of services.Another role I have is being a member of the Postgraduate Board of the West Midlands Public Health School and Coventry and Warwickshire Training Zone Coordinator. I also provide Public Health input into the Coventry and Rugby Clinical Commissioning Group.